“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” ― Robert Brault
Instead of focusing on the things that I can do to prepare for this upcoming week, this time I would like to go “backwards” and start my week by reflecting on the things that happened last week.
THINGS THAT I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
- Having to spend the weekend with more family. My dad came to visit and so we get to spend the weekend with him, with my sister and her family, and my brother and his girlfriend. My parents live at another city and we only see each other during Holiday Vacations. I appreciate that they come here to us and visit their grandchildren whenever they can. They have not missed any birthday celebration for their grand kids. 🙂
- Having a wonderful and sweet daughter. My brother in-law and his wife lost their first-born child 6 days after he was born. He had a hypoplastic left heart syndrome and his survival rate was very low. This experience made me more appreciative of my 4-year old daughter. Being a toddler, Gaby could be a little too clingy, stubborn, too playful, and annoying. There are times when I lose my temper with her, but I realize that I’d rather have her that way- always active, happy, very playful and stubborn- rather than being too quiet or sad, or needing special caring. I am blessed that she is healthy, beautiful and smart!
- Having a faithful husband. I know some people who engages in extra-marital affairs and some with failed marriages. Some of them are my friends. I am grateful that me and my husband have been together for almost 8 years without having to deal with extra-marital affair issues. I am happy that my husband is very expressive of his thoughts- he lets me know when something about me bothers him, or if there is something about him that I NEED TO KNOW. I am also grateful that our weekend is “family day.”
THINGS THAT I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER:
- I missed jogging this week ( and the previous week) 😦 Unlike my husband who plays basketball and exercises regularly, for me, exercising is something that I really need to work on. He even bought me a rubber shoes to use for jogging this week!
- The way I handled stress at work last week. There’s too much work, too little time, and every thing is due… I had to cover for an office mate who was out sick for 2 days and so I had to set aside my reports and some other tasks. It was very difficult to catch up, and I was a little grumpy!
- I should not have stayed very late in the office. It was Gaby’s first week in school and I was coming home late. I didn’t have time and energy to study or with her, and I easily got annoyed with her because I was too tired from work.
SOMETHING FOR MYSELF:
It’s nice to reward ourselves for things that we like every once in a while.
Last weekend, I bought this unusual notebook with tin cover. I like its red-yellow butterfly picture, and its different pages. I intend to use this for writing haikus, sketching and drawing, and for writing random stuffs or ideas for my blog.
MY CHALLENGE FOR MYSELF AND FOR YOU THIS WEEK:
Do something for yourself that you will thank yourself for in the future.
Your turn now…how was your week? I would love to hear your stories. 🙂
Date Written: July 18, 2016