One easy way to feel good is to make someone else feel good or better. Your SMILE and COMPLIMENT today may go a long way…
I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to the following bloggers who came to my first Meet & Greet Party. I truly appreciate you spending the time to join me. 🙂
My special thanks to Cyranny for the good humor, and for always bringing food. Yes! especially the ketchup! 😉
I hope that everybody got to know more bloggers and enjoyed their visits to the other blogs as much as I did. If I missed anyone, please let me know (and please don’t hate me! LOL!).
‘Til next time,
I have not done any party hosting in the blogging community so this would officially be my first ever meet & greet party. 🙂 Being said that, I really hope that you guys can join me so we could get to know each other and your blogs more.
Please come take a seat and let’s talk about you and your interesting blog. I hope that you’ll enjoy your stay 🙂
Glad to know you,
“Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”- William Arthur Ward
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it reminds me of how blessed I am in my life. When I switch on my “focus on the good stuffs” mode, I realize how there are so many things that I should be grateful for.
- Relationships. It gives me opportunity to love, to care, to be kind, and to think of others aside from my self. My relationship with others is what makes me human. It gives me infinite joy to share love and goodness with other people- be it my family, friends, co-workers, or acquaintances.
- Time. I’m grateful for the time I have to spend with my favorite people in the world. I’m grateful for the time I could use to do the things that I love to do like write on my blog or play my guitar. I’m thankful for the time that I could spend for myself- the time to meditate, to read, or the time to just be alone and do nothing.
- Trials. I’m thankful for the problems, the trying times, and even for the failures that I encounter in life. Because of trials, we get to know our strengths, and we get to test our patience and perseverance. I know they give pain, headaches and heartaches, but it’s what makes us stronger, wiser, and better people.
- Myself. I thank myself for making me realize that I could be happy by being me. When I listen to myself, it tells me my heart’s desires. It tells me what I need to do to improve my well-being in all the different aspects of my life. And it also tells me when I need to take a break or to stop!
- The simple things that gives me much pleasure. Music. Flowers. Coffee. The clouds and the stars in the sky. The smell of the trees. The sound of the birds. A walk. Good conversations. Laugh for my mistakes. And for a delicious meal!
“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~ W. T. Purkiser”
FAILURE. We don’t like it. We avoid it. We hate it.
People do not like failure because of 2 things- It hurts and it makes us feel bad about ourselves.
However, if we will shift our paradigm, we will see that failure is our friend.
Like a true friend…
failure makes us aware where we need to improve.
Failure points out our mistakes and weak points. It lets us know our areas for improvement. Every time we fail, we always learn something new from it.
failure tells us that we need to do better.
Whenever we fail, how sure are we that we have given our 100% on it? It may be hard to admit, but in my case, I usually fail when I do not give my all. Failure tells us not to settle on mediocrity. We should always exert our best efforts in everything that we do!
failure makes us stronger.
Most successful people experienced a lot of failures in their lives before becoming successful. What makes them different is how they managed to stand again and chose not to give up. As a quote says, “the one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one that never fell.”
failure lets us realize how much we want something.
If we dream or desire something and we fail trying to achieve it, are we going to persevere and try again? or will we just forget about it?
If we want something that much, we’ll keep pushing ourselves towards it. But if we fail and let go of that dream immediately, then perhaps it really didn’t mean that much to us after all.
failure tells us if something is not for us.
After numerous attempts and giving it our best shots, but still end up being unsuccessful, then perhaps it is not really for us. This is the time to consider other options and focus on the other things that we can do and excel into. Failure tells us we should try to discover and utilize our other potentials.
Always remember, it is better to fail than to never have tried at all. We can always be more than our failures! 🙂
Date Written: June 13, 2016
Don’t say “It’s Impossible because…”
Say “It is Possible IF…” and then focus and work your ways on those ifs.
You will realize that most impossibles are actually Possible.
“Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”– Parker Palmer
Some people think it’s selfish to love yourself and to take care of yourself before others.
I’ll tell you why it’s not, and it’s pretty simple: WE CAN ONLY GIVE THE BEST OF OURSELVES WHEN WE ARE IN OUR BEST.
If we always give love, without taking some, we’ll eventually ran out of love to give.
If we keep being kind, without experiencing some, we’ll eventually tire of being kind.
If we always look out for others, and forget to lookout for ourselves, sooner or later we will be the one in danger.
Imagine that you have a “goodness vessel” in you, and you get all the love and care that you give out to others from this vessel. If this vessel is not being refilled, it will eventually ran out.
So does this mean that we do nice things to others so that they do the same to us then? Do we give love so people will love us back? Do we need to be kind so people will be kind to us? Then our vessel will be refilled?
The answer is NO. Not necessarily. Because we ourselves can love and be kind to our own selves.
After a day’s work, before you retreat for the evening, or during the first hour of the day, you can actually switch to your “Me Time” mode. Do things that gives you happiness because it invigorates your soul. You can meditate, read a book, visit your garden and smell the flowers, jog, paint, scribble on your journal, cuddle up with your love ones, or drink your favorite coffee or eat ice cream!
Gisele Bundchen said that, “If you are happy, you can give happiness. If you don’t love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can’t give anything else but that.” I definitely agree with her.
If you love your self, you become happier. And if you are happy, it is easier for people around you to be happy too! As the old song says, “…learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.” 🙂
I wish everyone a great week ahead!