“When life gives you lemons, make lemonades and other good stuffs… then share them to others!”
Every struggle and trial in life has a purpose. If you have such learning and life-changing experience, share your life-story to inspire others. It will give that experience purpose and will add meaning to your life. 🙂
Written on: April 2, 2016
“You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.”- Joel Osteen
When you will find yourself in a problem situation, remember to remind yourself of these:
- You’ve been through worse.
Think of the greatest adversity you have ever encountered in your life and how you were able to get through it. You may be amazed to discover that you have had survived tougher and rougher situations.
- This is just a bad day, not a bad life.
Just because things are going wrong this time doesn’t mean that life is no longer good. You can cry over your problems, but do not forget the other good things that are going well in your life too. This is the best time to count your blessings.
- Change your Paradigm.
Instead of whining about the bad situation, focus on how this experience would make you a better person. What is it trying to teach you? How will you respond?
- Keep Calm.
Anxiety and stress would only magnify the problem in your own perception. It makes the problem bigger than it really is. So do not stress out and calm yourself. Remember that a problem ALWAYS has a solution. Otherwise, it is not a problem.
- You are in control.
You cannot choose how to feel; BUT you can always choose how to respond.Do not let the situation control you. Be in control of the situation.
Smile even when in trouble, happiness will find you! 🙂
Date Written: July 15, 2016
“Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”- William Arthur Ward
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it reminds me of how blessed I am in my life. When I switch on my “focus on the good stuffs” mode, I realize how there are so many things that I should be grateful for.
Here are some of the things that I’m really thankful for:
- Relationships. It gives me opportunity to love, to care, to be kind, and to think of others aside from my self. My relationship with others is what makes me human. It gives me infinite joy to share love and goodness with other people- be it my family, friends, co-workers, or acquaintances.
- Time. I’m grateful for the time I have to spend with my favorite people in the world. I’m grateful for the time I could use to do the things that I love to do like write on my blog or play my guitar. I’m thankful for the time that I could spend for myself- the time to meditate, to read, or the time to just be alone and do nothing.
- Trials. I’m thankful for the problems, the trying times, and even for the failures that I encounter in life. Because of trials, we get to know our strengths, and we get to test our patience and perseverance. I know they give pain, headaches and heartaches, but it’s what makes us stronger, wiser, and better people.
- Myself. I thank myself for making me realize that I could be happy by being me. When I listen to myself, it tells me my heart’s desires. It tells me what I need to do to improve my well-being in all the different aspects of my life. And it also tells me when I need to take a break or to stop!
- The simple things that gives me much pleasure. Music. Flowers. Coffee. The clouds and the stars in the sky. The smell of the trees. The sound of the birds. A walk. Good conversations. Laugh for my mistakes. And for a delicious meal!
How about you?
Here’s my take-away quote for Thanksgiving- something that we can ponder on.
“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~ W. T. Purkiser”