“Don’t you ever get the feeling that all your life is going by and you’re not taking advantage of it? Do you realize you’ve lived nearly half the time you have to live already?” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
If I were to rate how I have lived my life for today, I give it 4/10 (with 10 being the highest). Let me tell you why.
I had the chance to stay at home for 11 or 12 hours before going to work again BUT…
– I didn’t play or had a one on one, heart to heart time with my daughter.
– I didn’t talk to my husband or even asked him how his day was.
– I didn’t get off the bed when I woke up to do much needed exercise.
– I didn’t pray.
– I didn’t enjoy all the beautiful things waiting for me outdoor… I didn’t appreciate the sunny afternoon which could have been a perfect time to do cloud-watching with Gaby, or to watch her play with the other kids in our mini-park.
– I didn’t read a book, nor watch one of the videos for a training that I enrolled myself to.
I was not productive. I was just…lazy.
In other words, I took for granted the wonderful opportunities that TODAY has just offered me.
Most of the time, we may or may not be aware, we tend to neglect the things that we have in abundance.
We don’t take time to appreciate our family because subconsiously, we know that they’ll just be around…
Because of the high-tech generation today, we’re missing the beauty of personal human interaction…
We’re so absorbed in our computers or cellphones, we don’t go out to smell the flowers, to feel the grass on our feet, to feel the warmth of the sun and enjoy nature…
Today, I was lazy to live. But tomorrow, I’ll live a day in my life to the fullest! I hope you do the same!