“When life gives you lemons, make lemonades and other good stuffs… then share them to others!”
Every struggle and trial in life has a purpose. If you have such learning and life-changing experience, share your life-story to inspire others. It will give that experience purpose and will add meaning to your life. 🙂
Written on: April 2, 2016
If you’ve been visiting my blog for quite some time, you should know by now that I am a number 1 fan to Jason Mraz!
This Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter has such a great influence to me. Most of his songs are just full of positive messages. Whenever I feel down or unmotivated, I always listen to his music and somehow I’d feel better.
This one I’m sharing with you is my favorite! If I could choose my personal anthem, it will be this song.
I hope you enjoy and get uplifted with it… 🙂
Video courtesy of Youtube
Photo taken from JasonMraz.com
Listen to previous song here.
Last Friday, our lead trainer at the office sent out a random exercise to help improve our vocabulary. The task was to describe 3 teammates using given alternative words to replace the common adjectives that we use.
I was surprised that someone chose to describe me, and I am happy and grateful to what he or she has written about me.
I am very glad that I was able to affect someone and that they notice me in a positive way. I just do what I know is right without thinking how other people might judge me.
The truth is, we always have audience around us. And we always have opportunity to inspire and build them, or dishearten and discourage them.
In all honesty, if others are to describe you now (whether at home, or in your workplace, or with friends), do you think you will like what they’ll say about you? 🙂
I wish all of you a great week ahead!
My questions for you today are:
- How do we show kindness?
- Why do we have to be kind?
- What do we get for being kind?
This amazing video that I will share with you has the perfect answers for these questions. I hope that you will enjoy! 🙂
Some of us want so much more in life- we want more money. We want a bigger house. We want to a better job. We want to have more time with loved ones. We want to have more time to do the things that we’re passionate about. BUT WE SETTLE WITH WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE.
Why? Probably because we are afraid of the unknown- we do not know for sure what’s going to happen when we take risks- we might even lose what we already have. OR possibly because we’re afraid to fail. Why suffer the blow of failure and hurt our self-esteem, right? OR perhaps we’re thinking, why ask for more when “this” is already working? OR maybe we have simply won in making ourselves believe that it is impossible to dream big and realize it.
I tell you what- the world offers abundance of possibilities and God wants you to have those.
“And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.” (2 Corinthians 9:8)
Sadly, not many people is are able to enjoy these possibilities because some of us are not courageous enough to try and seek out our dreams. Only the people with enough courage, and only those who are not afraid to take risks, get to experience these possibilities. Only the people who get out of their comfort zones and are willing to embrace failures will experience more success and happiness. You will never know how much you can get from this world if you do not dream and work hard for your dream.
If you are not satisfied with your life now, it is time to create your new story and start living it. No one else is holding you back but yourself.
- Don’t focus on what you do not have. Focus on what you have and work on that. Master your gift to unleash your potential, and you’ll be amaze to find out how much you can do.
- Use people. Ask help from those who have been there. Get assistance from people who are expert on the field. Get yourself a good mentor who inspires you. Whether you like it or not, you will need the help of others.
- Make time to do that one thing that you love. One day you might wake up and realize it may be too late for you to pursue your dream or passion.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. As Paulo Coelho so aptly wrote, “When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.”
- Listen to your heart. I love how Steve Jobs put it, “Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” I could not agree more.
Remember, you are the author of your own life. You can always change your story. You are the driver of your life. You can always change your route. Your future depends solely on the decisions and actions that you make now.
“Happiness is a by product of an effort to make someone else happy.”
– Gretta Brooker Palmer
It is not everyday that we feel great…most of the time, we’re just good, especially when there is really nothing special going on in our lives. But I’m a believer that someone can always make our day a little brighter in their own little ways.
As for me, here’s what I do to brighten someone else’s day:
- I ask how they are. When I get “I’m fine” as an answer, I follow-up with…what can we do to make the “fine” turn into “great”? 🙂
- I send “Thank You” messages for something that they did that I truly appreciated, or for their simply being awesome. I make sure I tell what I am thanking them for…and when I am really in a great mood, I treat them with coffee or donut (surprise!!!)
- I compliment with sincerity. This instantly put a smile on other people’s faces.
How about you? What do you do to make someone else’s day?
Or how can someone make your day?
Hello Everyone! 🙂
What are the things that matter most in your life today? Do you allot the proper amount of time and attention for these things?
This is a terrific video about the things that we need to prioritize in life.
I hope that you’ll find this moving and life-changing. Enjoy!
“If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that will make you happy.”
Video Courtesy of YouTube. Photo Credits
Date Written: August 09, 2016