“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett
Sometimes, life likes to play difficult for us. There are times when we feel we are always struggling. There are times when we feel we’re always failing, or letting other people down. There are also times when we think we’re doing the right thing, but feel otherwise. And there are those times when we wish the world would stop for a while and just let us breathe (or if you’re like me, you wish you could just magically disappear for a certain period of time until everything is great again!)
Well, that is life- at least a part of it is. But we CAN make it better. We CAN make US feel better.
I would like to share with you seven things that I am trying to live by when I decided to live my life in a more mindful way.
- Know your self before you can accept and love yourself.
- Forgiveness is not for the person you give it to. It is a gift to yourself.
- Gratefulness is what makes a person happy, not the other way around.
- Always prioritize people over material things. Material things give instant gratification, but healthy loving relationships give lasting satisfaction and fulfillment.
- It is okay to get angry, but always choose to love others and yourself.
- Failure doesn’t mean you’re a loser. It means you are trying and learning.
- No matter how big your problems may seem to be, always remember that you have a bigger GOD! 🙂
Lighten up! Life can be good.