“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” — Andrew Carnegie
We set goals for ourselves. We get excited and enthusiastically do the things to achieve that goal for the first few months (or weeks); then we missed and forget every once in a while; until the occasional forgetting becomes permanently not doing anything to achieve that goal anymore. This is what happens usually, and the reason for most of us not achieving our goals.
So what can we do to avoid falling into this trap? I say we should MARRY OUR GOALS.
- BE COMMITTED. Make our goals a part of who we are by incorporating it to our habits.
- BE FAITHFUL. Our goals should not be something that we can just give up. We should stick to them whether in times of difficulties (or failures) and triumphs.
- BE PASSIONATE ABOUT IT. We should not settle for mediocrity. We should always strive for improvement in our performance.
- LEARN TO COMPROMISE. We should know how to prioritize. Let go of other stuffs that prevents us from progressing towards the achievement of our goals.
- INVEST TIME AND ENERGY. We reap what we sow. If we do not invest, we can expect nothing in return.
So, when do you want to get married? 🙂
Date Written: July 29, 2016