“I wake up every morning believing today is going be better than yesterday.” -Will Smith
Have you ever experienced waking up so refreshed, full of energy and high-spirited, but so stressed and worn-out at the end of the day? I admit that I do too, sometimes- during those times when I forget that I can be in control.
You see, people wake up everyday in an auto-pilot mode. We do the same stuff that we do, and we usually treat situations almost the same as we always do. As a result, we experience more or less the same things. Unfortunately, we also experience the not-so-favorable things because we usually let others dictate and influence how we will act.
Here’s a good fact: We have the power to be in-charge and we can choose how to run this day!
Let me share with you some tips that works well with me.
1. Appreciate that you are given one more day to live. Treat it a little more special by doing something extraordinary or unusual.
2. Decide that it will be a good day, and commit your actions to support that decision. This mindset will greatly influence the way that you react to things.
3. Let go of the thoughts that does not make you strong. Don’t dwell on previous negative experience nor stress out on the things that will not happen.
4. When you make a mistake, don’t be hard on your self. Every mistake is an opportunity to grow wiser, stronger, and better. As my previous boss used to tell me before when I make an error, “It’s okay, nobody died!”
5. Before you retire, replay in your mind what happened today.
Savor the good things, and then analyze this: What could you have done differently to make this day much better? The good news is, you can always make tomorrow better than today.
Date Written: June 28, 2016