“Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”- William Arthur Ward
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it reminds me of how blessed I am in my life. When I switch on my “focus on the good stuffs” mode, I realize how there are so many things that I should be grateful for.
- Relationships. It gives me opportunity to love, to care, to be kind, and to think of others aside from my self. My relationship with others is what makes me human. It gives me infinite joy to share love and goodness with other people- be it my family, friends, co-workers, or acquaintances.
- Time. I’m grateful for the time I have to spend with my favorite people in the world. I’m grateful for the time I could use to do the things that I love to do like write on my blog or play my guitar. I’m thankful for the time that I could spend for myself- the time to meditate, to read, or the time to just be alone and do nothing.
- Trials. I’m thankful for the problems, the trying times, and even for the failures that I encounter in life. Because of trials, we get to know our strengths, and we get to test our patience and perseverance. I know they give pain, headaches and heartaches, but it’s what makes us stronger, wiser, and better people.
- Myself. I thank myself for making me realize that I could be happy by being me. When I listen to myself, it tells me my heart’s desires. It tells me what I need to do to improve my well-being in all the different aspects of my life. And it also tells me when I need to take a break or to stop!
- The simple things that gives me much pleasure. Music. Flowers. Coffee. The clouds and the stars in the sky. The smell of the trees. The sound of the birds. A walk. Good conversations. Laugh for my mistakes. And for a delicious meal!
“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~ W. T. Purkiser”