Some of us want so much more in life- we want more money. We want a bigger house. We want to a better job. We want to have more time with loved ones. We want to have more time to do the things that we’re passionate about. BUT WE SETTLE WITH WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE.
Why? Probably because we are afraid of the unknown- we do not know for sure what’s going to happen when we take risks- we might even lose what we already have. OR possibly because we’re afraid to fail. Why suffer the blow of failure and hurt our self-esteem, right? OR perhaps we’re thinking, why ask for more when “this” is already working? OR maybe we have simply won in making ourselves believe that it is impossible to dream big and realize it.
I tell you what- the world offers abundance of possibilities and God wants you to have those.
“And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.” (2 Corinthians 9:8)
Sadly, not many people is are able to enjoy these possibilities because some of us are not courageous enough to try and seek out our dreams. Only the people with enough courage, and only those who are not afraid to take risks, get to experience these possibilities. Only the people who get out of their comfort zones and are willing to embrace failures will experience more success and happiness. You will never know how much you can get from this world if you do not dream and work hard for your dream.
If you are not satisfied with your life now, it is time to create your new story and start living it. No one else is holding you back but yourself.
- Don’t focus on what you do not have. Focus on what you have and work on that. Master your gift to unleash your potential, and you’ll be amaze to find out how much you can do.
- Use people. Ask help from those who have been there. Get assistance from people who are expert on the field. Get yourself a good mentor who inspires you. Whether you like it or not, you will need the help of others.
- Make time to do that one thing that you love. One day you might wake up and realize it may be too late for you to pursue your dream or passion.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. As Paulo Coelho so aptly wrote, “When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way.”
- Listen to your heart. I love how Steve Jobs put it, “Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” I could not agree more.
Remember, you are the author of your own life. You can always change your story. You are the driver of your life. You can always change your route. Your future depends solely on the decisions and actions that you make now.