It was my birthday yesterday, and in doing some reflections, I have come up with 5 life principles that I would like to share with you.
- You can share your happiness with people, but you cannot depend your happiness on them. If we rely our happiness on others, we can never be truly happy.
- You don’t always get what you want, even coming from the people who loves you. So don’t set expectations for people, set the expectation to yourself.
- If you want people to be nice to you, make sure that you are nice to them first.
- Do not compare yourself to others because you only see what you are allowed to see. You don’t know their own personal battles.We are beautiful in our own kind of way and we should be happy about that.
- Setting goals are useless until you work on them. And it really takes commitment, discipline and ACTION for them to work! This is the happiness that is not always fun to do, but will give huge happiness whenever you see yourself progress.
Am I satisfied with my life now? Not yet as I know there are still a lot of opportunities that I could improve on.
Am I contented? Not yet because I know that I can still better myself in many aspects especially in the physical or health department.
But I AM HAPPY. Despite the downs and challenges that life throws at me, I can honestly say that I am happy with my life. I accept my self for who I am, and I think that makes the difference!
My birthday wish is for all of us to see the beautiful and the good in ourselves and to start sharing that with others! Have a happy life.